Post Graduate Diploma in Finance & International Accounting (PGDFIA) is aimed at aspiring and practicing finance professionals and accountants. PGDFIA equally develops the knowledge in finance and international accounting principles.
PGDFIA develops your knowledge in corporate finance, capital budgeting, working capital management, stock market issues and key international accounting standards. The syllabus covers basic accounting, financial statements preparation, corporate accounting and interpretation of financial statements.
After completing the programme, students are awarded the certificate by Innovate Awarding (UK). Innovate Awarding (UK) is regulated by the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual), a non-ministerial government department that regulates qualifications, exams and tests in England.
TOP 5 REASONS TO JOIN PGDFIA
duration and fees
| PGDFIA can be completed in six (6) months
| Fee for the entire programme is BDT 35,000/- (by two installments)
| Our fees include PGD certificate fees, exam fees and cost of course materials
| Registration of students remains valid for a maximum period of seven (7) months
| Additional UK fees ONLY applicable if you want CFS certificate
| NO other hidden cost within this period |
- Minimum bachelor degree (or equivalent qualification) is required
- Students having 3rd division/class/ in SSC/HSC/Graduation are not eligible to apply
- Applicants are expected to have language proficiency as exams are conducted in 'English'
- BiMS reserves the right to reject any admission application
Semester & Modules
There are total two (2) semesters in PGDFIA programme. Duration of each semester is three (3) months. Students can join either in Finance Semester or International Accounting Semester.
Finance Semester (3 Months)
- Nature and scope of financial strategy in practice
- Capital investment process & tools used by different businesses
- DCF methods of investment appraisal
- Sensitivity analysis & capital rationing for project appraisal
- Different sources of financing for a businesses
- The costs of equity capital and its application
- The components of capital markets
- Efficient Market Hypothesis
- The working capital management in business
- Islamic Finance
- Dividend policy
International Accounting Semester (3 Months)
- Basic accounting including double entry bookkeeping
- The preparation of statement of financial position
- The preparation of income statement
- The statement of cash flow
- Company accounts
- Interpretation of financial statements
PGD programme has been developed primarily for the working professionals and part-time students. Classes are held typically on Fridays.
CERTIFIED FINANCE SPECIALIST (CFS)
After successfully completing PGDFIA at BiMS, you become automatically eligible for Certified Finance Specialist (CFS) certification awarded by Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA). CFS is quality assured and credit rated by SQA. CFS designation is regarded as a key benchmark in finance profession and is recognised in Scottish Credit & Qualifications Framework (SCQF). Globally the CFS qualification is jointly certificated by IQN and SQA (UK). Essentially, CFS qualifications is also comparable under European Qualifications Framework (EQF).
CFS certificate is issued from Glasgow (UK) office of SQA. SQA is non-departmental government body. SQA is sponsored by the Scottish Government’s Learning Directorate. BiMS gives unique opportunity to finance students and professionals to complete dual qualifications (PGDFIA & CFS) at the same time and under same syllabus.